Sunshine State Backflow & Plumbing, Inc. is a South Florida-based Plumbing Company owned and operated by Josh Cohen, who has been serving the community for well over 25 years. We are FL State Certified as both a Plumbing Contractor (CFC1425717) and a Fire Protection System Contractor (FPC16-000084), along with holding additional licenses as a Backflow Technician (H02927) and Backflow Service & Repair (CES10BF0035).
This versatility has enabled us to take on a vast array of projects. Some of the work we do includes:
- New construction (residential and commercial)
- Remodels and additions (residential and commercial)
- Gas piping specialist (Natural and LPG/Propane)
- Backflow installations and annual testing/certifications (Domestic, Fire Protection, and Irrigation)
- Water heater installations (Standard tanks and Tankless – both electric and gas)
- Installation/replacement of all plumbing fixtures
- Re-piping of water lines (elimination of polybutylene pipe) and new Water Services.
- New sewer line installations and repairs
- Architectural/Isometric drawings
- Video camera sewer inspections
- Hydro-Jetting of sewer lines
- Gas generator installations
Our knowledge, commitment, reliability, and top-notch craftsmanship has enabled us to obtain the plumbing accounts for many reputable places such as: The Home Depot (bathroom remodeling account), City of Hallandale Beach (backflow account), First Services Residential Property Management (backflow account), Tao Sawgrass (general plumbing), Renaissance on the Ocean (general plumbing), Aventura Hospital & Medical Center (backflow account) and many more.
We are also the Plumbing Contractor for several local General Contractors (GCs) and Designers (Bluewater Construction, H2Eco Land & Water Works, DL Walker Construction, and YOLO Interiors). Together, we have both built and remodeled many upscale homes and businesses in South Florida.
In addition to owning and operating Sunshine State Backflow & Plumbing Inc., Josh Cohen is also an active full-time Firefighter and Paramedic for a local (Broward County) municipality where he has been employed since 1997. Military and First Responders (Police, Fire, and EMS) are always prioritized.